Sunday, September 21, 2014

Marathon Training (Week 10)

Ack! 6 weeks until I have to run 26.2 miles! What am I doing with my life.

So this weekend was probably the most I've run since June...I ran 6 miles Saturday with Heather, then 5 miles today with Tom. Then I went kayaking on the Hudson and got a little too much Hudson River on my face. But it was free so that's good for the wedding fund.

I've been running Garmin-less. Yesterday was all about catching up with Heather on her trip to Berlin and her fight for Taiwanese independence. Today Tom and I debated religious hostility, whether America was built on Christian ideals, and vaccines and correlation/causation of autism.

Luckily the fall weather has made running much more bearable than in the height of summer heat. And I have a shiny new iPod shuffle to listen to for next week's Bronx 10-miler and the 20 mile run I have scheduled for October 4!

I think in 2015 I'm only going to run the Brooklyn Half. I've spent well over $500 on races in 2014 and I need to just run in CP without being forced to in a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment