Saturday, September 13, 2014

Fifth Avenue Mile Race Recap

I ran fast. My goal was 8:xx, which I told Robyn at the start. It was chilly at the start! Tom and I walked to the start at 5th Ave and 79th Street.

At the 1/4 marker, the clock read 2:19. At the 1/2 mile marker, it read 4:19. At the 3/4 mile marker, it read 6:13. I slowed down because my breathing was heavy and burning up my lungs and I knew I could make my goal time. Then when I checked my time via live tracking, I was surprised to see 7:37! I was coughing and having difficulty breathing the entire walk home, and downing a cup of water at Starbucks did little to help. Only after a hot shower did I start to feel better.

Tom says he runs fast all the time and he always feels like crap after. I think I'll never run that fast again. Or run the race ever again. I'll watch Tom and Leemo race it instead!
Ponytail flyin!


No comments:

Post a Comment