Monday, August 25, 2014

Marathon Training (Weeks 5-6)

The half of my goal distance training continues. I ran 5 miles (with Tom, Heather and Nikita) last Saturday, then this past weekend, did 6 miles (alone) and 4 miles (with Tom and Robyn). I also went stand-up paddleboarding, which was a full-body workout and loads of fun!

Tom tried hard to get me to go to the gym during the week but I felt really exhausted and had no energy after work. Hopefully we got enough rest this weekend (no 3am karaoke nights) so I will have more energy and motivation to check my runs off my training list.

Also on my mind is wedding planning. Holy costs out the wazoo! My #1 item was the photographer and I'm 99% on the way to booking her, and she's amazing and sweet. We changed our date for her, which may seem crazy but we hadn't booked a venue or committed to that date so we felt flexible.

We've also been trying to clean and organize our tiny 1 bedroom apartment, looking for new avenues of storage. We've thrown some boxes under the futon and contemplated getting a underneath the bed storage, but all our funds are being scrimped and saved toward the wedding so what we have now will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment