Thursday, June 5, 2014

Favorite Running Gear

1. Headsweats yellow cap--the bright color makes it easy for Tom to spot me in races and it's lightweight and sweat-wicking, so it's better than regular caps. The brim shades my face (I'm ridiculously anti-sun exposure) and shields it from rain. (I wear it so often, it'll be in multiple pics in this post!) Also pictured is my Lululemon Pace Setter skirt and cheap amazon.com sunglasses.
2. Lululemon Swiftly Long Sleeve shirt--Lightweight but warm, wicks sweat and anti-stink material, flattering and comfortable fit. I bought them cheaper on eBay. I hear these are delicate so I handwash mine. (Ignore the mess. See, the hat again!)
3. Lululemon Pace Setter skirt--comfortable, breezy, cute! I love passing people in races while wearing a skirt, makes me laugh to think of people grumbling about a) me wearing a skirt to run and b) getting passed by a girl in a skirt. I can fit my cell phone in the back pocket too, but it does tend to get wet with sweat (gross).
4. Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer bra--the BEST sports bra! It has hook closures in the back so it's easy to get on and off. It's comfortable and VERY supportive. I have 3!
5. Pearl Izumi Women's Distance shorts--I can't wear Nike tempos or any other shorts because they ride up as I run and my thighs chafe. These are the perfect length, are lightweight and have lots of zip pockets.

6. Asics GT-2000--I was faithful to Mizuno Wave Alchemy (the first pair I got fitted for) until they discontinued them. These Asics are like running on clouds--how are they SO comfy? Tom got fitted for the same pair!
7. Camelbak! Essential for NYC winter running when they shut off the water fountains in Central Park! I only wish I could race in these, but NYRR doesn't allow them for security reasons. I hate holding things while running so this is perfect, even if I do slosh when I run. It also keeps the water remarkably cool. (Hat yet again! Bob the Builder outfit, according to Jenny.)
8. SPI belt--perfect for holding credit cards, a phone (if my crops don't have pockets and I don't feel like rocking the armband) and a Gu. Stays put and you can barely feel it.
9. Garmin--it's helpful to see the mileage you're at and the paces you are running (to know whether to speed up or slow down), to see splits of your average pace, and to measure your effort against your pace. Yay data and graphs!

I was trying to think of a #10 to round out the list but I'm drawing a blank.

No comments:

Post a Comment