Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Goals for Queens 10K

Sub-1:00.  My official PR is 1:05:55 while hungover at the Healthy Kidney 10K (a 10 second PR is still a PR...right?).  During the Brooklyn Half, while holding onto Jenny's pace, I ran the 10K of the Half in 1:00:21.  Soooo close but it doesn't really count anyway, right?

According to the McMillan Running Calculator, based on my half-marathon time, I should be able to run a 10K in 59 minutes.
I just have to make sure all my miles are 9:34 or faster.  Sometimes I can't tell if 6.2 miles is daunting or doable.  It's only 2 more miles than a 4-miler, but maybe that extra 0.2 is just too much for me to handle mentally.  I know this sounds ridiculous even as I'm typing it, but I tell myself as I'm running that a 10K=6 miles, so not finishing at mile 6 is a bit of an unpleasant realization.

I did run 3 miles last night at a sluggish pace and felt very slow and tired.  Maybe it's because it was at the end of the day. We'll see how Sunday goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment