Thursday, June 5, 2014

Speedwork: 800m Repeats

I did 800m repeats at 7.2 speed on the treadmill sandwiched between two warm up/cool down miles with 400m recovery in between. 

I never thought I could run at an 8:19 (!!!) pace but it turns out listening to music and only doing it for short half mile bursts was totally doable and I felt like I could go even faster?? And after running at 7.2, 5.5 (10:56 pace) felt like a crawl, but I did find it much easier to zone out when I had my headphones blaring Ke$ha. The first two 800m repeats breezed by, but the third started to hurt.

Yasso 800s intrigue me. Since I was running these at about 4:10, Bart Yasso, running guru, says that approximates your marathon pace. That means I have a 4:10 marathon in me? 

Oh and Tom said some guy was full on staring at me in a 100% creepy way. Winning? Makes me not want to go to the gym without him! I was so sweaty, as we walked out, I pressed my forehead on Tom's sleeve and left a damp patch. So sexay.

Successfully doing a round of speedwork makes me hopeful about running a sub-2 half marathon! Can't wait til Brooklyn Half 2015!
Sweaty at the gym (I took this pic weeks ago but I wore the exact same outfit today! Love my Pearl Izumi shorts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment