Monday, June 9, 2014

Mindy-K Training: Week 2 (15.62 miles)

Monday: rest
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: 2.5 miles out of 3 (I was on the treadmill and saw Tom on the street and waved, and decided to cut my run short.)
Thursday: 4 mile speedwork out of 4.25 (posted below)
Friday: 3 slow recovery miles around Central Park with Tom, lovely running weather, but my legs felt like lead after doing speedwork the day before.
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 4.5 miles around the Reservoir with Joyce, then an additional 1.62 miles to run home. The weather started out nice but got SO hot, I felt ill the rest of the day. Tom and I walked a bit in the Park afterwards, but it was so hot, we escaped to the movie theater to watch Maleficent (which was very poorly written in my opinion, but Angelina was gorgeous).

Total: 15.62 miles

It's so much easier to run on the treadmill sans heat and humidity, but perhaps I'll just try to get up earlier to enjoy the fresh air and Central Park without the heat weighing me down. I kept saying it was so humid yesterday even though it was just pure dry heat that was beating down on Joyce and me. Joyce said she loved running next to bodies of water (at the Reservoir and on West Side Highway). The views were definitely gorgeous!


No comments:

Post a Comment